This glossary shows the terms that are related to the DEMO Methodology and its underlying Ψ-theory.
- CM. Abbreviation of Constuction Model.
- Construction Model. One of the aspect models in DEMO, composed by actor roles, transaction kinds, fact banks, initiating links, executing links and information links. Abbreviated as CM.
- DEMO. Acronym for Design & Engineering Methodology for Organizations, a methodology for re(designing) and (re)engineering organizations, developed by Jan L.G. Dietz. DEMO is fully based on the Ψ-theory. The name is an acronym for Design & Engineering Methodology for Organizations. In The Netherlands, DEMO (www.demo.nl) is promoted by the Enterprise Engineering Institute (www.ee-institute.com).
- Fact Bank. A conceptual storage of facts. A fact bank can be elementary or aggregate. A fact bank can be a coordination bank or a production bank. Formerly known as Information Bank.
- Fact Model. One of the aspect models in DEMO, composed by categories, object classes, scales, fact kinds, result kinds, reference laws, dependency laws, unicity laws and exclusion laws. Abbreviated as FM.
- FM. Abbreviation of Fact Model.
- State Model. Name used in DEMO-2 for one of the aspect models in DEMO and renamed in DEMO-3 into Fact Model.